Catch Up on the Conversation
- Brianna Jenkins, MSW – CEO, Feeding Finlay
- Courtney Watson – Community Outreach Coordinator, FoodShare SC
- Sarah Moran Nevarez, CHES – Director of Supportive Health Services, The Cooperative Ministry
Takeaways + Resources
- Food insecurity is defined as not having reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable and nutritious food.
- Check in on your neighbors. Help get food to your neighbors through FoodShare SC’s NeighborShare program. This interactive food desert map is a helpful tool to find out where the need may be near you.
- There is no one solution as food insecurity is a complex issue. This means, however, there are a number of different ways to get involved!